Artists have control over their personal markup on Art Prints, Framed Prints, Canvas Prints, Framed Canvases, Floating Acrylic Prints, and Recessed Framed Prints. The default markup on these products is 10%, but can be adjusted at any time. For these items only, artists will share in the promotional costs. This means the earning you receive will depend on the discount that the customer had when placing their order. All other products have an artist share of 10% and this is not affected in any way by discounts that a customer may have.
To adjust the markups on an individual artwork, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the artist studio
- Click on the artwork you want to adjust
- From the artwork details page, scroll down until you see "Set Artwork Markup" on the left hand side. Click on this
Any changes made will apply to this artwork only.
To update the markups on all artworks in you store at once:
- Visit the Artist Studio and select “Set Store Markups” located towards the top right of the page next to the "Add New Artwork" tab.
- Make the desired updates to your markup percentages then click "Submit Changes"
- If you've already set unique markups on individual artworks, you will receive a pop-up asking if you'd like to keep your unique markups or to overwrite them with the new changes you've made. Make your selection then click "Submit"
If you choose to "Keep unique markups, but update everything else", the changes you make will only apply to any artworks that you have not set markups for on an individual level.
If you choose to "Overwrite unique markups and update everything else", every artwork in your artist studio will be updated with the changes you are making.
A few things to note:
- The final price that will display in your Artist Shop will always be rounded up to the nearest .99 cents to provide customers with a more consistent pricing experience across the site. The total in the markup tool reflects the unrounded amount. The difference in price between the unrounded subtotal and final price rounded to the nearest .99 will be included in your earnings.
- Markups are set as percentages of the base price. The default markup is 10%.
- If the base price of an item changes (ie. a sale or promotion applied), your artist margin changes.
For a detailed walkthrough on how to adjust your markups and using all other Artist Studio tools, check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwba_hS9k_M